Wednesday, January 8, 2014

Conventions 2014

When Briane suggested we share what SF/fantasy-related thing we're most looking forward to this year, WisCon immediately popped into my mind. WisCon is held every Memorial Day weekend in my favorite city, Madison, Wisconsin. I enjoy the chance to revisit my college town and see friends, including some that live in the city and some that are there for the convention. I'm a member of Broad Universe, so I usually participate in the Rapid-Fire Reading and sell my books at the table. I may also be a panelist, especially since I proposed two panels for indie writers. WisCon is less geared toward TV and movies than some other cons, so you don't see as many people in costume. However, it's a good networking event for authors, and I've learned a lot there.  I've been to other conventions, including some of the big ones like WorldCon, but WisCon is the con I attend every year (except for 2007, when I was nine months pregnant).

Do you attend SF/fantasy cons? If so, which ones?

6 comments:

  1. I had planned on going to Chattacon in a few weeks - but I'm starting to think Liberty Con might be a better one for me this year. At least it won't be so cold - and way more authors are scheduled for liberty con. So, we'll see.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I haven't been to any kind of convention in something like 10 years, and I've only ever been to a few as it is.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I went to two conventions in the late 90s and that was more than enough for me.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Rusty, I also prefer the cons that feature authors.

    Andrew and Pat, which ones did you attend?

    ReplyDelete
  5. I've been invited to be a guest at MidSouth Con in Tennessee. I'm going to quite a few this year. Not sure about next year though (aside from WisCon, which I will always go to)

    ReplyDelete
  6. Bfarf stock Real-Time Overview Of A Stock, Including Recent And Historical Price Charts, News, Events, Analyst Rating Changes And Other Key Stock Information.

    ReplyDelete