Wednesday, March 5, 2014

Recommended Indie Authors

I thought it might not be a bad idea to list a few indie authors I've read and enjoyed.  This list does not include any of the writers here at Indie Writers Monthly, but that doesn't mean you should ignore them either. (To the contrary.)

Lindsay Buroker--She's one of my favorite indie authors, to the point where her books are pretty much an automatic "buy" for me. I recommend her Emperor's Edge series, which combines action and humor in a fantasy setting.

A.E. Marling--Another fantasy author who writes about a narcoleptic sorceress in an Ancient-Egypt-like world.

Scott Meyer--His book Off to be the Wizard is a fun story similar to A Connecticut Yankee in King Author's Court.

S.A. Bolich--I don't always enjoy stories about the four elements, but Bolich has built a world I enjoy visiting and created characters worth rooting for.

This is just a short list of authors; who else would you add? 

5 comments:

  1. Leaving aside the authors here, I'd add Michael Offutt's "Slipstream," and almost anything by Nigel Mitchell. The guys at A Beer For The Shower are good, too.

    I'll do a list soon, too. Good idea.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks for the plug! Is Hugh Howey too big a name? Then Charles Fudgemuffin, who wrote a hilarious comedy sci-fi novel, "How to Save the World."

      Delete
  2. Never heard of any of those people.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. But then they probably haven't heard of me either.

      Delete
  3. Yeah, I haven't heard of any of them, either. I'll take a gander when I get the chance.
    I'd add the Beer guys, too.

    ReplyDelete